A judge Thursday ordered convicted killer Darren Wold to pay the victim's family nearly $74,000 in restitution payments for the care of his child.
Wold appeared in Waukesha County Circuit Court wearing an orange prison suit on Thursday afternoon for the purpose of determining his present and future earning potential as well as his finanical resources available to make restitution payments.
The hearing was over in a matter of minutes as Wold and his defense team provided no evidence that Wold would be unable to make the payments imposed on him by the court in April.
Wold said only, "I have nothing to say," when asked by the judge for a statement.
Wold, who earned a life sentence for the 2009 murder of Oconomowoc's Kimberly Smith, was embroiled in a bitter custody dispute with Smith over their son when he allegedly hired a hitman from California through a friend to kill Smith.
He will now pay restitution to Laurie and Robert Zanotti until his son turns 18. Laurie Zanotti is Smith's sister, who now cares for Smith and Wold's son, now six years old.
- Bank owned structures called dangerous (0)
- Delafield may dump "up the drive" waste collection (0)
- Delafield invites Obama (0)
- ACT scores up for area schools (0)
- Hensler's granddaughter dies in tragic beach accident (0)
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007