The Lake Country Lutheran/University Lake School soccer team, despite a team of just 12 players for much of the year, earned a berth in the state tournament for the first time in program history with a 4-2 win over Aquinas in Saturday's sectional final, 4-2.
Ellen Tyler scored twice for the Lightning (19-2-0), who will battle St. Mary Central (22-1-2) in the WIAA Division 3 semifinals at 9 a.m. Friday at Uihlein Soccer Park in Milwaukee. Check out a feature on the team from two weeks ago.
Kettle Moraine, competing in the Division 1 sectional final, fell to Waukesha West on Saturday, 1-0. The Lasers have fallen to West in the sectional final each of the past two seasons.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts