The Lake Country Lutheran/University Lake School soccer team, despite a team of just 12 players for much of the year, earned a berth in the state tournament for the first time in program history with a 4-2 win over Aquinas in Saturday's sectional final, 4-2.
Ellen Tyler scored twice for the Lightning (19-2-0), who will battle St. Mary Central (22-1-2) in the WIAA Division 3 semifinals at 9 a.m. Friday at Uihlein Soccer Park in Milwaukee. Check out a feature on the team from two weeks ago.
Kettle Moraine, competing in the Division 1 sectional final, fell to Waukesha West on Saturday, 1-0. The Lasers have fallen to West in the sectional final each of the past two seasons.
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- Tee time (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts