The Lake Country Lutheran/University Lake School soccer team, despite a team of just 12 players for much of the year, earned a berth in the state tournament for the first time in program history with a 4-2 win over Aquinas in Saturday's sectional final, 4-2.
Ellen Tyler scored twice for the Lightning (19-2-0), who will battle St. Mary Central (22-1-2) in the WIAA Division 3 semifinals at 9 a.m. Friday at Uihlein Soccer Park in Milwaukee. Check out a feature on the team from two weeks ago.
Kettle Moraine, competing in the Division 1 sectional final, fell to Waukesha West on Saturday, 1-0. The Lasers have fallen to West in the sectional final each of the past two seasons.
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts