The Lake Country Lutheran/University Lake School soccer team, despite a team of just 12 players for much of the year, earned a berth in the state tournament for the first time in program history with a 4-2 win over Aquinas in Saturday's sectional final, 4-2.
Ellen Tyler scored twice for the Lightning (19-2-0), who will battle St. Mary Central (22-1-2) in the WIAA Division 3 semifinals at 9 a.m. Friday at Uihlein Soccer Park in Milwaukee. Check out a feature on the team from two weeks ago.
Kettle Moraine, competing in the Division 1 sectional final, fell to Waukesha West on Saturday, 1-0. The Lasers have fallen to West in the sectional final each of the past two seasons.
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts