Reconfiguration of the Highway 59/83 roundabout will begin Monday, June 18 to accommodate specialized Over Size/ Over Weight (OSOW) vehicles that use this route to support local manufacturers. The good news is that the work will be accomplished without the need to close off any lanes of traffic.
However, there will be restrictions placed on trucks and a detour route is posted for this time frame. Work will be suspended during the morning and afternoon peak traffic periods to ensure worker and motorist safety.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (DOT) states that once the work is completed, OSOW and lowboy trucks will have an easier time navigating through the intersection.
Changeable massage signs are currently in place and alerting motorists of this upcoming project.
The project is targeted for completion by June 29. As with all road construction projects weather conditions may impact project completion. The project's cost is not yet available from the DOT.
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts