Reconfiguration of the Highway 59/83 roundabout will begin Monday, June 18 to accommodate specialized Over Size/ Over Weight (OSOW) vehicles that use this route to support local manufacturers. The good news is that the work will be accomplished without the need to close off any lanes of traffic.
However, there will be restrictions placed on trucks and a detour route is posted for this time frame. Work will be suspended during the morning and afternoon peak traffic periods to ensure worker and motorist safety.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (DOT) states that once the work is completed, OSOW and lowboy trucks will have an easier time navigating through the intersection.
Changeable massage signs are currently in place and alerting motorists of this upcoming project.
The project is targeted for completion by June 29. As with all road construction projects weather conditions may impact project completion. The project's cost is not yet available from the DOT.
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- Hy. 16 near Pewaukee closed (0)
- T-shirt sale helps support Special Olympics (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts