Reconfiguration of the Highway 59/83 roundabout will begin Monday, June 18 to accommodate specialized Over Size/ Over Weight (OSOW) vehicles that use this route to support local manufacturers. The good news is that the work will be accomplished without the need to close off any lanes of traffic.
However, there will be restrictions placed on trucks and a detour route is posted for this time frame. Work will be suspended during the morning and afternoon peak traffic periods to ensure worker and motorist safety.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (DOT) states that once the work is completed, OSOW and lowboy trucks will have an easier time navigating through the intersection.
Changeable massage signs are currently in place and alerting motorists of this upcoming project.
The project is targeted for completion by June 29. As with all road construction projects weather conditions may impact project completion. The project's cost is not yet available from the DOT.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts