Reconfiguration of the Highway 59/83 roundabout will begin Monday, June 18 to accommodate specialized Over Size/ Over Weight (OSOW) vehicles that use this route to support local manufacturers. The good news is that the work will be accomplished without the need to close off any lanes of traffic.
However, there will be restrictions placed on trucks and a detour route is posted for this time frame. Work will be suspended during the morning and afternoon peak traffic periods to ensure worker and motorist safety.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (DOT) states that once the work is completed, OSOW and lowboy trucks will have an easier time navigating through the intersection.
Changeable massage signs are currently in place and alerting motorists of this upcoming project.
The project is targeted for completion by June 29. As with all road construction projects weather conditions may impact project completion. The project's cost is not yet available from the DOT.
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts