Combining a community beach party with an ecology-minded event might seem like an odd pairing.
Then again, if the area’s beautiful lakes, beaches and other natural resources become spoiled, there wouldn’t be much of a party, would there?
This weekend, the Pewaukee Kiwanis are hosting the 17h Annual Pewaukee Beach Party with the Second Annual Lake Country Clean Water Festival, the latter of which is focused on raising awareness to the growing problems facing waterways and to provide ways for all to enjoy the lakes.
Funds raised at the 2011 event helped purchased devices for Lakefront Park Beach that helped prevent beach closures due to contamination. Money raised at this year’s festival will also help keep the water clean. The festival is hosted by the Pewaukee Lake Water Ski Club.
The Pewaukee Kiwanis are planning plenty of family fun at the beach party with proceeds that support local charities.
Friday night festivities start at 5 p.m. with nostalgic music of the golden era of rock and roll by local favorites El Rey & the Night Beats from 7 to 11 p.m.
Saturday starts with an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast by Pewaukee Masonic Lodge 246 from 7 to 11 a.m. and water activities from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Children’s entertainment will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Saturday’s musical lineup includes Hat Trick from 2 to 5 p.m. and Piles of Rhythm from 7 to 11 p.m. The Pewaukee Lake Water Ski Club will present a show from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
There will be food available all weekend, including hamburgers, brats and hot dogs, plus beer and soda.
For more information, visit www.pewaukeekiwanis.org or cleanwaterfestival.com.
- Christmas in Eagle Friday night (0)
- Update on armed robbery in Sussex (0)
- Armed robbery at Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Police surround Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Big Bend to host first holiday event Friday (0)
- Water clean-up close Lake Country Lutheran for the day (0)
- Mukwonago woman sentenced for $250k theft from Brookfield business (0)
- Sheriff's Department releases sketch of Town of Eagle suspect (0)
- Park snowmobiles until trails are ready (0)
- Waukesha County Sheriff's lieutenant under investigation (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007