Combining a community beach party with an ecology-minded event might seem like an odd pairing.
Then again, if the area’s beautiful lakes, beaches and other natural resources become spoiled, there wouldn’t be much of a party, would there?
This weekend, the Pewaukee Kiwanis are hosting the 17h Annual Pewaukee Beach Party with the Second Annual Lake Country Clean Water Festival, the latter of which is focused on raising awareness to the growing problems facing waterways and to provide ways for all to enjoy the lakes.
Funds raised at the 2011 event helped purchased devices for Lakefront Park Beach that helped prevent beach closures due to contamination. Money raised at this year’s festival will also help keep the water clean. The festival is hosted by the Pewaukee Lake Water Ski Club.
The Pewaukee Kiwanis are planning plenty of family fun at the beach party with proceeds that support local charities.
Friday night festivities start at 5 p.m. with nostalgic music of the golden era of rock and roll by local favorites El Rey & the Night Beats from 7 to 11 p.m.
Saturday starts with an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast by Pewaukee Masonic Lodge 246 from 7 to 11 a.m. and water activities from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Children’s entertainment will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Saturday’s musical lineup includes Hat Trick from 2 to 5 p.m. and Piles of Rhythm from 7 to 11 p.m. The Pewaukee Lake Water Ski Club will present a show from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
There will be food available all weekend, including hamburgers, brats and hot dogs, plus beer and soda.
For more information, visit www.pewaukeekiwanis.org or cleanwaterfestival.com.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts