Village of Sussex - An auditor hired by the village government to review and confirm its financial records expressed concern tonight about the pending expiration of a library operations agreement between the village and the Town of Lisbon.
Vicki Hellenbrand, a Certified Public Accountant with Baker Tilly financial consultants, pointed out to village trustees that the existing long term library agreement will expire in 2014 when the village and town boards are scheduled to pay off about a half million dollar debt on the library building.
Hellenbrand said once the debt is paid off the long term agreement converts to a one year contract that can be cancelled by either community on short notice.
She said the short notice claus makes it difficult for both the Pauline Haass Library Board and the Village Board to budget for future years.
She suggested the terms of the existing long term contract should either be extended beyond 2014 or the contract be amended to provide for a longer notification requirement before one of the communities can cancel the contract.
Representatives of the village and town have been negotiating the terms of a new long term contract for more than a year.
The negotiations began after Lisbon Town Board Chairman Matt Gehrke insisted the Village of Sussex pay a bigger share of library expenses since, according to library circulation figures, more village residents use the library than town residents.
Gehrke has also said he does not want the governing boards of the communities trying to reach an agreement on the library while town officials are considering a proposal to consolidate the town and village governments.
- Hensler's granddaughter dies in tragic beach accident (0)
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007