After asking residents to call village hall for an evaluation on whether it is safe to burn or not, the Village of Big Bend issued a burn ban this morning. The ban takes effect immediately and will be in place until further notice.
The ban includes any and all open fires and fireworks. The use of grills is still permitted.
Issuance of residential fireworks permits has been ceased until further notice as well.
Any questions can be directed to Big Bend Fire Chief John Ludwig by calling (414) 916-0872.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts