After asking residents to call village hall for an evaluation on whether it is safe to burn or not, the Village of Big Bend issued a burn ban this morning. The ban takes effect immediately and will be in place until further notice.
The ban includes any and all open fires and fireworks. The use of grills is still permitted.
Issuance of residential fireworks permits has been ceased until further notice as well.
Any questions can be directed to Big Bend Fire Chief John Ludwig by calling (414) 916-0872.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts