After asking residents to call village hall for an evaluation on whether it is safe to burn or not, the Village of Big Bend issued a burn ban this morning. The ban takes effect immediately and will be in place until further notice.
The ban includes any and all open fires and fireworks. The use of grills is still permitted.
Issuance of residential fireworks permits has been ceased until further notice as well.
Any questions can be directed to Big Bend Fire Chief John Ludwig by calling (414) 916-0872.
- Best Dam Bike Ride this weekend (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts