After asking residents to call village hall for an evaluation on whether it is safe to burn or not, the Village of Big Bend issued a burn ban this morning. The ban takes effect immediately and will be in place until further notice.
The ban includes any and all open fires and fireworks. The use of grills is still permitted.
Issuance of residential fireworks permits has been ceased until further notice as well.
Any questions can be directed to Big Bend Fire Chief John Ludwig by calling (414) 916-0872.
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Magic is in the air at SummerStage (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts