City of Delafield - Elected representatives from the City of Delafield, villages of Nashotah and Chenequa, and the Town of Delafield are expected to begin negotiations later this summer to consider incorporating the Town of Delafield fire department into Lake Country Fire and Rescue.
The Delafield Common Council is expected to name Mayor Ed McAleer, Ald. Gerald MacDougall and city resident Cate Rahmlow to represent the city in the talks.
Those three also represented the city three years when negotiations between the city and villages of Nashotah and Chenequa resulted in the creation of the Lake Country Fire and Rescue.
Mayor Ed McAleer said he anticipates that the Nashotah and Chenequa village boards will name representatives later this month and he expects some of them will also have served in the negotiations that created Lake Country Fire and Rescue.
McAleer said he and Nashotah Village President Rich Lartz have met with Delafield Town Chairman Paul Kanter about the possiblity of incorporating the town fire department into the regional department which provides fire and emergency medical services to the City of Delafield and villages of Chenequa and Nashotah.
Town of Delafield officials began seeking fire and medical emergency response alternatives after voters twice rejected referenda to build a new fire station for the town fire department. The town has fire stations located on Maple Avenue near Pewaukee Lake and on Highway C, south of Lapham Peak State Park.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts