The expression “easy as pie” has always been a curious one.
Anyone who has baked one knows that the dough making and rolling and filling can be time consuming and the results not always desirable. “Easy as pie” would be to grab a ready-made one out of the freezer case at the grocery store.
Another place to enjoy a piece that is “easy as pie” is at the pie social hosted by the Sussex Lisbon Area Historical Society.
The event is from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday at the Depot Museum, N63 W23791 Main St., Sussex, next to the Piggly Wiggly.
For a slice of pie and ice cream you’ll pay only $3. Kids are just $1.50.
Betty Mindemann will be doing antique appraisals during the social. Verbal appraisals are $5 or three for $10. Written appraisals are $25.
This is also a good time to view the museum’s current exhibit “Business of Our Founding Fathers” and tour the Memory Garden.
For more information visit www.slahs.org.
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More on s-l-o-w commute (0)
- Meet Waukesha County Supervisor District 24 candidate (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts