A 56-year-old Hartland man was charged today in Waukesha County Circuit Court with sexually assaulting a 9-year-old girl.
Wayne D. Herbes, of 518 E. Capitol Drive, Hartland, faces three counts of first degree sexual assault of a child under age 13, according to the criminal complaint. The alleged incidents occurred between June and September 2011.
The complaint stated that on December 8, 2011, police interviewed the victim, who reported that Herbes, a friend of the victim's grandmother, had sexually assaulted her at his Waukesha residence.
The victim described three alleged incidents in the complaint. According to the victim's statement, Herbes touched her inappropriately while her grandmother was in the shower.
Another incident allegedly occurred when the girl's grandmother went to the grocery store and left the victim alone with Herbes. In that instance, he allegedly took a picture of her private parts using his cell phone.
In a third incident, the victim's grandmother had left to go to a friend's house and Herbes again touched her inappropriately, the complaint stated.
A judge today set the defendant's bail at $100,000.
If convicted on all three counts, Herbes faces up to 120 years in prison.
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts