A 56-year-old Hartland man was charged today in Waukesha County Circuit Court with sexually assaulting a 9-year-old girl.
Wayne D. Herbes, of 518 E. Capitol Drive, Hartland, faces three counts of first degree sexual assault of a child under age 13, according to the criminal complaint. The alleged incidents occurred between June and September 2011.
The complaint stated that on December 8, 2011, police interviewed the victim, who reported that Herbes, a friend of the victim's grandmother, had sexually assaulted her at his Waukesha residence.
The victim described three alleged incidents in the complaint. According to the victim's statement, Herbes touched her inappropriately while her grandmother was in the shower.
Another incident allegedly occurred when the girl's grandmother went to the grocery store and left the victim alone with Herbes. In that instance, he allegedly took a picture of her private parts using his cell phone.
In a third incident, the victim's grandmother had left to go to a friend's house and Herbes again touched her inappropriately, the complaint stated.
A judge today set the defendant's bail at $100,000.
If convicted on all three counts, Herbes faces up to 120 years in prison.
- Best Dam Bike Ride this weekend (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts