The Arrowhead baseball team knocked off top-seeded Menomonee Falls (27-5) on Monday morning in the WIAA summer baseball sectional semifinal at Cedarburg, 7-4.
The Warhawks, seeded fourth, picked up a complete-game performance from Matt Gaberino and rallied for three runs in the sixth to break a 4-4 tie. Gaberino, Jordan White and Eric Cottrell all had RBIs in the crucial rally that sent AHS into the 4:30 p.m. sectional final against either Germantown or Cedarburg.
Kyle Eskoff went 3 for 4, and Dominic Todarello had three hits for Arrowhead (23-9). The 2009 state champions had lost in the first round of the playoffs each of the past two years but will now play for the chance to return to the state tourney, held this year at Kapco Park in Mequon on Friday.
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More on s-l-o-w commute (0)
- Meet Waukesha County Supervisor District 24 candidate (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts