Biking enthusiasts will tell you that Wisconsin, with its gently rolling hills and pastoral landscapes, is a great place to ride in summer.
Bicycle groups fill up the warm-weather months with rides, long and short, taking advantage of the state’s natural resources.
The Bay View Bicycle Club has planned its Annual Lake Country Classic Bicycle Ride for this Saturday throughout scenic Lake Country. The ride starts and ends at First Congregational Church, 815 S. Concord Road in Oconomowoc.
Five routes will range from 15 to 100 miles to accommodate all skill levels and families. The ride features marked routes, cue sheets, sag wagon support and rest stops with homemade treats, fruit, sports drinks and water.
And if your bike breaks down? No problem! Representatives from Wheel & Sprocket will be on hand to provide emergency bike repair.
Besides getting a good workout and meeting other bikers, the ride helps support charitable and community organizations including the Boys and Girls Club, the Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin, the Hunger Task Force and others.
The Bay View Bicycle Club was founded in 1989 by longtime Bay View resident, Dick Knepper. The club’s membership has spread from Bay View to include approximately 150 cycling enthusiasts in Southeastern Wisconsin. The club organizes rides every weekend from April through October.
For more information or to register for the ride visit www.bayviewbikeclub.org.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts