Biking enthusiasts will tell you that Wisconsin, with its gently rolling hills and pastoral landscapes, is a great place to ride in summer.
Bicycle groups fill up the warm-weather months with rides, long and short, taking advantage of the state’s natural resources.
The Bay View Bicycle Club has planned its Annual Lake Country Classic Bicycle Ride for this Saturday throughout scenic Lake Country. The ride starts and ends at First Congregational Church, 815 S. Concord Road in Oconomowoc.
Five routes will range from 15 to 100 miles to accommodate all skill levels and families. The ride features marked routes, cue sheets, sag wagon support and rest stops with homemade treats, fruit, sports drinks and water.
And if your bike breaks down? No problem! Representatives from Wheel & Sprocket will be on hand to provide emergency bike repair.
Besides getting a good workout and meeting other bikers, the ride helps support charitable and community organizations including the Boys and Girls Club, the Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin, the Hunger Task Force and others.
The Bay View Bicycle Club was founded in 1989 by longtime Bay View resident, Dick Knepper. The club’s membership has spread from Bay View to include approximately 150 cycling enthusiasts in Southeastern Wisconsin. The club organizes rides every weekend from April through October.
For more information or to register for the ride visit www.bayviewbikeclub.org.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts