Biking enthusiasts will tell you that Wisconsin, with its gently rolling hills and pastoral landscapes, is a great place to ride in summer.
Bicycle groups fill up the warm-weather months with rides, long and short, taking advantage of the state’s natural resources.
The Bay View Bicycle Club has planned its Annual Lake Country Classic Bicycle Ride for this Saturday throughout scenic Lake Country. The ride starts and ends at First Congregational Church, 815 S. Concord Road in Oconomowoc.
Five routes will range from 15 to 100 miles to accommodate all skill levels and families. The ride features marked routes, cue sheets, sag wagon support and rest stops with homemade treats, fruit, sports drinks and water.
And if your bike breaks down? No problem! Representatives from Wheel & Sprocket will be on hand to provide emergency bike repair.
Besides getting a good workout and meeting other bikers, the ride helps support charitable and community organizations including the Boys and Girls Club, the Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin, the Hunger Task Force and others.
The Bay View Bicycle Club was founded in 1989 by longtime Bay View resident, Dick Knepper. The club’s membership has spread from Bay View to include approximately 150 cycling enthusiasts in Southeastern Wisconsin. The club organizes rides every weekend from April through October.
For more information or to register for the ride visit www.bayviewbikeclub.org.
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More on s-l-o-w commute (0)
- Meet Waukesha County Supervisor District 24 candidate (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts