Old World Wisconsin is marking the start of the summer Olympics with the launch of the first ever "Let's Move!" Olympics-inspired fun day meetup, on Saturday, July 28 with activities from 3 to 4:30 p.m.
"Let's Move!," helping kids to lead healthier lives, and the Olympics-inspired Fun Day Meetup are spearheaded by First Lady Michelle Obama. Old World Wisconsin, a "Let's Move!" museum, will be the site of a Wisconsin Olympics-inspired Fun Day Meetup, offering family friendly, old-fashioned contests throughout the site.
Activities include batting and running bases using the same baseball equipment used in the 1860s immediately following the Eagle Diamonds vintage baseball game against the Lemont Quarryment at 1:30 p.m..
Guests are welcome to bring their own team for tug o’ war, or dig in with teams created on the spot, or take part in sticks and hoops relay races. A bucket brigade with laundry tubs and a graces contest for the record number of times the hoop is caught using the sticks, will also be offered.
The museum is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is $16 for adults, $14 for students and seniors (65 and older) and $9 for children (5 to17); children under 5 are free.
Family admission (up to two adults and two or more dependent children 5 to17) is $43. Admission to the vintage base ball game and "Let's Move!" Olympic Fun Day Meetup Activities are included with museum admission.
Get moving at Old World Wisconsin's Olympic inspired event
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts