Old World Wisconsin is marking the start of the summer Olympics with the launch of the first ever "Let's Move!" Olympics-inspired fun day meetup, on Saturday, July 28 with activities from 3 to 4:30 p.m.
"Let's Move!," helping kids to lead healthier lives, and the Olympics-inspired Fun Day Meetup are spearheaded by First Lady Michelle Obama. Old World Wisconsin, a "Let's Move!" museum, will be the site of a Wisconsin Olympics-inspired Fun Day Meetup, offering family friendly, old-fashioned contests throughout the site.
Activities include batting and running bases using the same baseball equipment used in the 1860s immediately following the Eagle Diamonds vintage baseball game against the Lemont Quarryment at 1:30 p.m..
Guests are welcome to bring their own team for tug o’ war, or dig in with teams created on the spot, or take part in sticks and hoops relay races. A bucket brigade with laundry tubs and a graces contest for the record number of times the hoop is caught using the sticks, will also be offered.
The museum is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is $16 for adults, $14 for students and seniors (65 and older) and $9 for children (5 to17); children under 5 are free.
Family admission (up to two adults and two or more dependent children 5 to17) is $43. Admission to the vintage base ball game and "Let's Move!" Olympic Fun Day Meetup Activities are included with museum admission.
Get moving at Old World Wisconsin's Olympic inspired event
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007