The Waukesha County Tactical Enforcement Unit (TEU) responded to a Town of Genesee residence on Honeysuckle Drive shortly after 10 p.m. last night after an area hospital informed police that a 60-year-old woman was undergoing treatment for a severe laceration to her face and neck.
Deputies responded to the residence where the victim’s husband was alone in the home. Officers made contact with the suspect, who refused to comply with officer’s instructions to exit his home. Deputies attempted several times to establish contact with the suspect and encourage him to come out from his residence. Nearby residences were advised of the situation and instructed to remain in their basements until the situation was resolved.
As time went on, the suspect became more confrontational in his unwillingness to comply, and told officers he would not leave his home. That was when the TEU was called in.
Police finally entered the home after numerous failed attempts by Crisis Negotiators and Tactical Team members to have the suspect surrender.
The 61-year-old suspect was taken into custody at 1:23 a.m. and was treated at Waukesha Memorial Hospital for a puncture wound to his leg after trying to fight with a Sheriff's Department K-9.
The man is being referred to the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office for charges of first degree reckless injury. He was expected to make a court appearance at 1:30 p.m. today, July 26.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts