BloodCenter of Wisconsin continues to see a decrease in blood donations during the summer months and it needs the help of local residents to offset this trend.
The BloodCenter is asking area residents to make an appointment to donate at its upcoming blood drive planned for noon to 4 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 2 at the ProHealth Care Clinic, 240 Maple Ave., Mukwonago.
Donors can schedule an appointment online or by calling 1-877-BE-A-HERO (1-877-232-4376) or (414) 937-6199. Appointments are preferred to ensure a quick and convenient donation, but walk-ins are also welcome.
According to the BloodCenter, blood donations decrease during busy summer months when donations dip because of summer travel and fewer school and community drives. BloodCenter must see at least 800 donors each day in order to meet the needs of the hospitals it serves.
The unique gift of blood can help save the lives of children and adults who are seriously injured, undergoing surgery or being treated for cancer and other illnesses.
Hospitals, including Waukesha Memorial Hospital, have come to rely on BloodCenter of Wisconsin for a steady supply of blood to treat their patients.
Anyone 17 or older who is in general good health and meets eligibility requirements is encouraged to donate blood. Parental consent is required for 16-year-olds to donate. The entire process takes about an hour. Donors should bring a photo ID that includes birth date.
- Hensler's granddaughter dies in tragic beach accident (0)
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007