The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (DOT) invites the community to attend a public information meeting on the future design of the I-43 and Highway 164 interchange from 5 to 8 p.m. on Sept. 12 at the Vernon Fire Department, W233 S7475 Woodland Lane.
Information will be presented in an open house format.
The project team recently re-evaluated interchange design options based on community input. A signalized design with a look-ahead-left turn lanes is a new and viable alternative. This design improves traffic operations, requires less real estate and reduces construction costs as compared with previous roundabout alternatives.
The signalized design is emerging as the recommended option to address safety, engineering standards and level of service. The DOT seeks community concurrence at the open house style public meeting. The facility is wheelchair accessible. Citizens who are hearing-impaired and who require an interpreter may request one by contacting Mike Treazise (414) 750-7215 at least three working days prior to the meeting via the Wisconsin Telecommunications Relay System (dial 711).
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts