The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (DOT) invites the community to attend a public information meeting on the future design of the I-43 and Highway 164 interchange from 5 to 8 p.m. on Sept. 12 at the Vernon Fire Department, W233 S7475 Woodland Lane.
Information will be presented in an open house format.
The project team recently re-evaluated interchange design options based on community input. A signalized design with a look-ahead-left turn lanes is a new and viable alternative. This design improves traffic operations, requires less real estate and reduces construction costs as compared with previous roundabout alternatives.
The signalized design is emerging as the recommended option to address safety, engineering standards and level of service. The DOT seeks community concurrence at the open house style public meeting. The facility is wheelchair accessible. Citizens who are hearing-impaired and who require an interpreter may request one by contacting Mike Treazise (414) 750-7215 at least three working days prior to the meeting via the Wisconsin Telecommunications Relay System (dial 711).
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- Tee time (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts