The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (DOT) invites the community to attend a public information meeting on the future design of the I-43 and Highway 164 interchange from 5 to 8 p.m. on Sept. 12 at the Vernon Fire Department, W233 S7475 Woodland Lane.
Information will be presented in an open house format.
The project team recently re-evaluated interchange design options based on community input. A signalized design with a look-ahead-left turn lanes is a new and viable alternative. This design improves traffic operations, requires less real estate and reduces construction costs as compared with previous roundabout alternatives.
The signalized design is emerging as the recommended option to address safety, engineering standards and level of service. The DOT seeks community concurrence at the open house style public meeting. The facility is wheelchair accessible. Citizens who are hearing-impaired and who require an interpreter may request one by contacting Mike Treazise (414) 750-7215 at least three working days prior to the meeting via the Wisconsin Telecommunications Relay System (dial 711).
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts