Village of Sussex - The Grand Rapids, Mich.-based Meijer company is planning to construct a 200,000-square-foot retail, grocery store and pharmacy complex at Highways K (Lisbon Road) and 164, according to village officials.
Village Administrator Jeremy Smith said he anticipates the company will make its conceptual presentation for building plans and zoning approval at next week's village Plan Commission meeting. Representatives of the company met with village officials earlier this week to discuss those plans.
Smith said he anticipates about 60 percent of the store will be devoted to groceries, and the remainder of the store will be retail. According to its website, the company operates nearly 200 supercenters and grocery stores in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky . It recently announced plans to build three other stores in the Milwaukee metro area.
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- MHS grads raise awareness for homeless vets (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts