Village of Sussex - The Grand Rapids, Mich.-based Meijer company is planning to construct a 200,000-square-foot retail, grocery store and pharmacy complex at Highways K (Lisbon Road) and 164, according to village officials.
Village Administrator Jeremy Smith said he anticipates the company will make its conceptual presentation for building plans and zoning approval at next week's village Plan Commission meeting. Representatives of the company met with village officials earlier this week to discuss those plans.
Smith said he anticipates about 60 percent of the store will be devoted to groceries, and the remainder of the store will be retail. According to its website, the company operates nearly 200 supercenters and grocery stores in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky . It recently announced plans to build three other stores in the Milwaukee metro area.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts