Village of Sussex - The Grand Rapids, Mich.-based Meijer company is planning to construct a 200,000-square-foot retail, grocery store and pharmacy complex at Highways K (Lisbon Road) and 164, according to village officials.
Village Administrator Jeremy Smith said he anticipates the company will make its conceptual presentation for building plans and zoning approval at next week's village Plan Commission meeting. Representatives of the company met with village officials earlier this week to discuss those plans.
Smith said he anticipates about 60 percent of the store will be devoted to groceries, and the remainder of the store will be retail. According to its website, the company operates nearly 200 supercenters and grocery stores in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky . It recently announced plans to build three other stores in the Milwaukee metro area.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts