The Get Laura Home fund is hosting a fundraiser this weekend to raise funds for an accessibility remodeling. The Family Fun Festival fundraiser will be on Sunday, Sept. 16 at Harnischfeger Park on Crawfish Rd. in Ixonia from 11-7 p.m. There will be live music, bouncing houses, family photos, park rentals, face painting, silent auctions and great food.
Funds are for Laura Dwyer who was critically injured after a tree branch, weighing 600 pounds, fell on her in May. Her spinal cord was completely severed and she broke several bones in her feet, arm and ribs. Through exhaustive therapy, she was able to leave the hospital but remains in a wheelchair.
Today, she lives with her parents because her old farm home in Oconomowoc is not ADA accessible. She looks forward to the remodels that will allow her to live and move freely in her own home, with her husband Christopher and two children, Thomas, 5, Crandon, 6, and her two stepchildren, Anya, 12, and Christopher Jr., 17.
You may email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or if you would like to help.
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts