Visitors to Mukwonago High School will notice a change during the school day this year. Access to the building will be limited to one entrance, the northwest entrance by the library, from 7:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
In a safety letter dated Aug. 27, Principal Shawn McNulty informed parents that the main entrances on the north, south and west sides of the building will be open from 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. All doors except at the library entrance will be locked until school is over at 2:45 p.m. Posted signs direct visitors to the correct entrance.
McNulty said there were no serious incidents that prompted the security change; however the school did have one concern last year that could have been much more serious and pointed to the need to change.
See the complete story in next week's Chief.
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts