Visitors to Mukwonago High School will notice a change during the school day this year. Access to the building will be limited to one entrance, the northwest entrance by the library, from 7:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
In a safety letter dated Aug. 27, Principal Shawn McNulty informed parents that the main entrances on the north, south and west sides of the building will be open from 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. All doors except at the library entrance will be locked until school is over at 2:45 p.m. Posted signs direct visitors to the correct entrance.
McNulty said there were no serious incidents that prompted the security change; however the school did have one concern last year that could have been much more serious and pointed to the need to change.
See the complete story in next week's Chief.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts