Visitors to Mukwonago High School will notice a change during the school day this year. Access to the building will be limited to one entrance, the northwest entrance by the library, from 7:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
In a safety letter dated Aug. 27, Principal Shawn McNulty informed parents that the main entrances on the north, south and west sides of the building will be open from 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. All doors except at the library entrance will be locked until school is over at 2:45 p.m. Posted signs direct visitors to the correct entrance.
McNulty said there were no serious incidents that prompted the security change; however the school did have one concern last year that could have been much more serious and pointed to the need to change.
See the complete story in next week's Chief.
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- Hy. 16 near Pewaukee closed (0)
- T-shirt sale helps support Special Olympics (0)
- Kettle Moraine High School nationally certified for PLTW (0)
- Oconomowoc couple charged with home break-in (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts