Oconomowoc's varsity football team defeated visiting Beaver Dam Friday night in a Wisconsin Little Ten Conferene game, 14-13.
The win vaulted OHS to 4-0 on the season, the best start in many years at the school.
The Raccoons, trailing 13-7, took the lead for good when quarterback Canton Larson hit end Tyler Enright on a 66-yard touchdown pass with 6:34 to play in the game. Casey Bednarski then kicked the game-winning extra point.
But the game was far from over. Beaver Dam moved to the Cooney 15-yard line for a first down with 1:04 to play before Oconomowoc senior Zach Poker recovered a fumble at the 20-yard line with 49 seconds left. From there they ran out the clock and grabbed the win.
On defense, OHS got big games from Poker, Aaron Cramer, Logan Ballering, Nick Gomez and Lucas Monroe.
Cooney grabbed a 7-0 lead in the first period before allowing the visitors to score the next 13 points.
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts