Oconomowoc's varsity football team defeated visiting Beaver Dam Friday night in a Wisconsin Little Ten Conferene game, 14-13.
The win vaulted OHS to 4-0 on the season, the best start in many years at the school.
The Raccoons, trailing 13-7, took the lead for good when quarterback Canton Larson hit end Tyler Enright on a 66-yard touchdown pass with 6:34 to play in the game. Casey Bednarski then kicked the game-winning extra point.
But the game was far from over. Beaver Dam moved to the Cooney 15-yard line for a first down with 1:04 to play before Oconomowoc senior Zach Poker recovered a fumble at the 20-yard line with 49 seconds left. From there they ran out the clock and grabbed the win.
On defense, OHS got big games from Poker, Aaron Cramer, Logan Ballering, Nick Gomez and Lucas Monroe.
Cooney grabbed a 7-0 lead in the first period before allowing the visitors to score the next 13 points.
- Farmer's Market vouchers for Seniors (0)
- Delafield debt sold at 1.3% interest (0)
- Prairie View holds Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sale (0)
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts