Oconomowoc's varsity football team defeated visiting Beaver Dam Friday night in a Wisconsin Little Ten Conferene game, 14-13.
The win vaulted OHS to 4-0 on the season, the best start in many years at the school.
The Raccoons, trailing 13-7, took the lead for good when quarterback Canton Larson hit end Tyler Enright on a 66-yard touchdown pass with 6:34 to play in the game. Casey Bednarski then kicked the game-winning extra point.
But the game was far from over. Beaver Dam moved to the Cooney 15-yard line for a first down with 1:04 to play before Oconomowoc senior Zach Poker recovered a fumble at the 20-yard line with 49 seconds left. From there they ran out the clock and grabbed the win.
On defense, OHS got big games from Poker, Aaron Cramer, Logan Ballering, Nick Gomez and Lucas Monroe.
Cooney grabbed a 7-0 lead in the first period before allowing the visitors to score the next 13 points.
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007