Oconomowoc's varsity football team defeated visiting Beaver Dam Friday night in a Wisconsin Little Ten Conferene game, 14-13.
The win vaulted OHS to 4-0 on the season, the best start in many years at the school.
The Raccoons, trailing 13-7, took the lead for good when quarterback Canton Larson hit end Tyler Enright on a 66-yard touchdown pass with 6:34 to play in the game. Casey Bednarski then kicked the game-winning extra point.
But the game was far from over. Beaver Dam moved to the Cooney 15-yard line for a first down with 1:04 to play before Oconomowoc senior Zach Poker recovered a fumble at the 20-yard line with 49 seconds left. From there they ran out the clock and grabbed the win.
On defense, OHS got big games from Poker, Aaron Cramer, Logan Ballering, Nick Gomez and Lucas Monroe.
Cooney grabbed a 7-0 lead in the first period before allowing the visitors to score the next 13 points.
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- MHS grads raise awareness for homeless vets (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- Find steady work at Manpower job fair (0)
- Join the Garden Adoption Program (0)
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts