The Village of Hartland Fire Department evaluated the driver of a van yesterday morning, after he was reportedly struck by a Canadian Pacific Railroad train on Highway KE at Glacier Road in the Town of Delafield. The Town of Delafield Fire Department also responded and assisted at the scene.
According to a report from the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department, the one-ton van was pulling a trailer and traveling north on Highway KE near Old North Shore Road. As the driver approached the functioning railroad crossing, he was unalbe to stop. The van left the rodaway and became disabled on top of the tracks. The driver safely exited the van before the train hit. The train reportedly pushed the van approximately half a mile to the east.
The Sheriff's Department is investigating.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts