The Village of Hartland Fire Department evaluated the driver of a van yesterday morning, after he was reportedly struck by a Canadian Pacific Railroad train on Highway KE at Glacier Road in the Town of Delafield. The Town of Delafield Fire Department also responded and assisted at the scene.
According to a report from the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department, the one-ton van was pulling a trailer and traveling north on Highway KE near Old North Shore Road. As the driver approached the functioning railroad crossing, he was unalbe to stop. The van left the rodaway and became disabled on top of the tracks. The driver safely exited the van before the train hit. The train reportedly pushed the van approximately half a mile to the east.
The Sheriff's Department is investigating.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts