The Village of Hartland Fire Department evaluated the driver of a van yesterday morning, after he was reportedly struck by a Canadian Pacific Railroad train on Highway KE at Glacier Road in the Town of Delafield. The Town of Delafield Fire Department also responded and assisted at the scene.
According to a report from the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department, the one-ton van was pulling a trailer and traveling north on Highway KE near Old North Shore Road. As the driver approached the functioning railroad crossing, he was unalbe to stop. The van left the rodaway and became disabled on top of the tracks. The driver safely exited the van before the train hit. The train reportedly pushed the van approximately half a mile to the east.
The Sheriff's Department is investigating.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts