The Village of Hartland Fire Department evaluated the driver of a van yesterday morning, after he was reportedly struck by a Canadian Pacific Railroad train on Highway KE at Glacier Road in the Town of Delafield. The Town of Delafield Fire Department also responded and assisted at the scene.
According to a report from the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department, the one-ton van was pulling a trailer and traveling north on Highway KE near Old North Shore Road. As the driver approached the functioning railroad crossing, he was unalbe to stop. The van left the rodaway and became disabled on top of the tracks. The driver safely exited the van before the train hit. The train reportedly pushed the van approximately half a mile to the east.
The Sheriff's Department is investigating.
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts