Old World Wisconsin opened its gates to a team from Google today to collect street-view images for use in Google Maps.The Internet search firm will film the museum grounds at street level using a special tricycle with a camera mounted on top to access areas not open to vehicles. When complete, images of the museum's roads and farmsteads will allow Google Maps users to take a virtual walk through the museum's grounds.
Old World Wisconsin's director Dan Freas enthusiastically signed on for the mapping, as another way for 21st-century visitors to access information about this museum dedicated to rural life at the turn of the last century.
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts