Town of Lisbon - Six Waukesha County municipalities are considering hiring a single company to collect emergency medical call bills for all of the communities..
The communities include the Town of Lisbon and the villages of Sussex, Menomonee Falls, Germantown, Richfield, and Lannon, according to Lisbon Fire Chief Doug Brahm.
Brahm told a Town Board budget workshop tonight that the communities hope to save money on bill collection services and also improve the bill collection process.
Brahm later explained that often one municipal fire department may respond to a medical emergency in another community. Having a single company collect bills in all the communities will make bill collection easier, he said.
Brahm explained the town fire department has decided to outsource its bill collection because of a combination of factors include a dramatic increase in emergency medical calls and the retirement of key bookkeeping personnel.
Brahm predicted the town fire department will have responded to about 808 emergency calls by the end of this year, most of them medical emergencies. That is an increase of about 150 more calls in 2011, he said.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts