Town of Lisbon - Six Waukesha County municipalities are considering hiring a single company to collect emergency medical call bills for all of the communities..
The communities include the Town of Lisbon and the villages of Sussex, Menomonee Falls, Germantown, Richfield, and Lannon, according to Lisbon Fire Chief Doug Brahm.
Brahm told a Town Board budget workshop tonight that the communities hope to save money on bill collection services and also improve the bill collection process.
Brahm later explained that often one municipal fire department may respond to a medical emergency in another community. Having a single company collect bills in all the communities will make bill collection easier, he said.
Brahm explained the town fire department has decided to outsource its bill collection because of a combination of factors include a dramatic increase in emergency medical calls and the retirement of key bookkeeping personnel.
Brahm predicted the town fire department will have responded to about 808 emergency calls by the end of this year, most of them medical emergencies. That is an increase of about 150 more calls in 2011, he said.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts