A small fire forced school officials to shut down the North Campus ventilation system this morning at Arrowhead High School.
Shortly after 8 a.m., a drama class using the North Campus theater noticed a smoldering curtain onstage.
According to Arrowhead Superintendent Craig Jefson, a light fixture was leaning up against one of the stage's curtains. The smoking curtain, which was made of a flame-retardant material, was put out with a fire extinguisher, but it caused heavy smoke in the theater.
School officials shut down the ventilation system and cleared the area of students and staff.
Other than a brief lockdown, the fire caused little disruption to the school day, as students remained in class and moved freely throughout the building during the remainder of the day.
Fire department personnel responded to the scene as a precaution.
"Not knowing what was going on, we wanted to have the fire department come in and make sure there wasn't anything else causing it," Jefson said.
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- Delafield Gun Club permit rejected (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007