Waukesha County Executive Dan Vrakas will kick off an event for the proposed dog exercise area in Mukwonago from 9 to 11 a.m. Sept. 29.
The event will be held at the proposed site for the park, at picnic area 4 in Mukwonago Park on Highway LO. Vrakas will speak at 10:30.
Humans and their canine companions are invited to attend to learn more about the park and fundraising efforts.
Waukesha County will contribute $50,000 toward the park. Private fundraising efforts are working to raise the remaining $25,000. Proposed project costs include the entrance gates, fencing and signs. The proposed project area takes advantage of an existing underused picnic area, park roadway, parking, gentle slopes and shade trees, thereby minimizing development costs.
The basic elements of the Mukwonago Park Dog Exercise Area will include parking, mowed grass walkways, entrance gates and signage for the Large Breed and Small Breed areas, as well as perimeter fencing and signage. The existing nearby park shelter will be incorporated into the design. A small parking area dedicated for users to access the pond with the dogs will be provided. The existing Maintenance Building restrooms are nearby. In the future, a new restroom facility will be added to the picnic area for park users and dog exercise area users.
The county currently has dog parks in Minooka and Nashotah Parks.
For more information visit www.waukeshacountyparks.com or call (262) 548-7801.
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts