Waukesha County Executive Dan Vrakas will kick off an event for the proposed dog exercise area in Mukwonago from 9 to 11 a.m. Sept. 29.
The event will be held at the proposed site for the park, at picnic area 4 in Mukwonago Park on Highway LO. Vrakas will speak at 10:30.
Humans and their canine companions are invited to attend to learn more about the park and fundraising efforts.
Waukesha County will contribute $50,000 toward the park. Private fundraising efforts are working to raise the remaining $25,000. Proposed project costs include the entrance gates, fencing and signs. The proposed project area takes advantage of an existing underused picnic area, park roadway, parking, gentle slopes and shade trees, thereby minimizing development costs.
The basic elements of the Mukwonago Park Dog Exercise Area will include parking, mowed grass walkways, entrance gates and signage for the Large Breed and Small Breed areas, as well as perimeter fencing and signage. The existing nearby park shelter will be incorporated into the design. A small parking area dedicated for users to access the pond with the dogs will be provided. The existing Maintenance Building restrooms are nearby. In the future, a new restroom facility will be added to the picnic area for park users and dog exercise area users.
The county currently has dog parks in Minooka and Nashotah Parks.
For more information visit www.waukeshacountyparks.com or call (262) 548-7801.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts