Old World Wisconsin will host a book launch and signing from 1 to 5 p.m. on Oct. 21 for award-winning mystery writer Kathleen Ernst's latest novel, "The Light Keeper's Legacy," the most recent edition in the popular Chloe Ellefson mystery series.
In this Door County, Wisconsin-based mystery, an island's history holds clues to a modern mystery. Chloe Ellefson is on temporary assignment from Old World Wisconsin to consult on restoring the island's historic lighthouse. Chloe's tranquility is spoiled when a dead woman washes ashore.
Old World Wisconsin was chosen by Ernst for the launch as the two earlier books in the series, "Old World Murder" and "The Heirloom Murders" are set at the museum, where Ernst once worked as a curator.
Admission is not required to visit the museum store which is open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. the day of the signing.
Museum admission: Adults $16; children (5-17) $9 (children under 5 are free); students and senior citizens (65 and over) $14; family (two adults and two or more dependent children 5-17) $43.
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts