Old World Wisconsin will host a book launch and signing from 1 to 5 p.m. on Oct. 21 for award-winning mystery writer Kathleen Ernst's latest novel, "The Light Keeper's Legacy," the most recent edition in the popular Chloe Ellefson mystery series.
In this Door County, Wisconsin-based mystery, an island's history holds clues to a modern mystery. Chloe Ellefson is on temporary assignment from Old World Wisconsin to consult on restoring the island's historic lighthouse. Chloe's tranquility is spoiled when a dead woman washes ashore.
Old World Wisconsin was chosen by Ernst for the launch as the two earlier books in the series, "Old World Murder" and "The Heirloom Murders" are set at the museum, where Ernst once worked as a curator.
Admission is not required to visit the museum store which is open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. the day of the signing.
Museum admission: Adults $16; children (5-17) $9 (children under 5 are free); students and senior citizens (65 and over) $14; family (two adults and two or more dependent children 5-17) $43.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts