Village of Dousman - The villages of Dousman and Summit and the Town of Ottawa took the final step tonight in the consolidation of the Summit and Dousman fire districts.
The governing bodies of the three communities approved an initial operating budget for the newly consolidated Dousman Fire District of $973,000 beginning in January of 2013.
The communities agreed they would contribute $600,000 to the operations of the department. The remaining monies will come mostly from ambulance revenues and other emergency medical service fees.
The Village of Summit will provide about $327,000. The Village of Dousman will pay about $139,000 and the Town of Ottawa will contribute about $133,767. Each community's contribution is based on the population, tax base, and number of emergency calls within the community.
The Summit Fire District which serves portions of the villages of Dousman and Summit as well as the Village of Oconomowoc Lake will be dissolved at the end of this year.
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts