Village of Dousman - The villages of Dousman and Summit and the Town of Ottawa took the final step tonight in the consolidation of the Summit and Dousman fire districts.
The governing bodies of the three communities approved an initial operating budget for the newly consolidated Dousman Fire District of $973,000 beginning in January of 2013.
The communities agreed they would contribute $600,000 to the operations of the department. The remaining monies will come mostly from ambulance revenues and other emergency medical service fees.
The Village of Summit will provide about $327,000. The Village of Dousman will pay about $139,000 and the Town of Ottawa will contribute about $133,767. Each community's contribution is based on the population, tax base, and number of emergency calls within the community.
The Summit Fire District which serves portions of the villages of Dousman and Summit as well as the Village of Oconomowoc Lake will be dissolved at the end of this year.
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts