Village of Dousman - The villages of Dousman and Summit and the Town of Ottawa took the final step tonight in the consolidation of the Summit and Dousman fire districts.
The governing bodies of the three communities approved an initial operating budget for the newly consolidated Dousman Fire District of $973,000 beginning in January of 2013.
The communities agreed they would contribute $600,000 to the operations of the department. The remaining monies will come mostly from ambulance revenues and other emergency medical service fees.
The Village of Summit will provide about $327,000. The Village of Dousman will pay about $139,000 and the Town of Ottawa will contribute about $133,767. Each community's contribution is based on the population, tax base, and number of emergency calls within the community.
The Summit Fire District which serves portions of the villages of Dousman and Summit as well as the Village of Oconomowoc Lake will be dissolved at the end of this year.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts