Village of Dousman - The villages of Dousman and Summit and the Town of Ottawa took the final step tonight in the consolidation of the Summit and Dousman fire districts.
The governing bodies of the three communities approved an initial operating budget for the newly consolidated Dousman Fire District of $973,000 beginning in January of 2013.
The communities agreed they would contribute $600,000 to the operations of the department. The remaining monies will come mostly from ambulance revenues and other emergency medical service fees.
The Village of Summit will provide about $327,000. The Village of Dousman will pay about $139,000 and the Town of Ottawa will contribute about $133,767. Each community's contribution is based on the population, tax base, and number of emergency calls within the community.
The Summit Fire District which serves portions of the villages of Dousman and Summit as well as the Village of Oconomowoc Lake will be dissolved at the end of this year.
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts