When creative minds meet, sparks fly.
Sometimes it is a proliferation of ideas that causes the reaction; other times it’s the clash of ideas.
In the new adult comedy “Iconic,” sparks fly when three playwrights butt heads with each other and their teacher, a playwright himself.
“Iconic,” the brainchild of local playwrights Amy Schwaab and Nancy Bicha-Dale, premiere’s at 7:30 p.m. Friday at the Delafield Art Center, 803 Genesee St., Delafield. It will also be presented at 7:30 Saturday and Friday and Saturday Nov. 2 and 3.
Schwaab and Bicha-Dale have also written “The Big Bad Wolf Meets Santa Claus,” a 2008 Lake Country holiday hit.
In “iconic,” eight characters act out the playwrights’ plots, exhibiting their creative powers and expressing ideas about what makes a good play – and what doesn’t. The characters and playwrights spar as the developing plots become a braided slapstick farce with laughs aplenty.
The show contains adult themes and language.
Tickets can be obtained online at brownpapertickets.com. A limited number of tickets will be sold each night at the door. Tickets are $15 for adults and $12 for seniors.
For more information call the Delafield Arts Center at (262) 303-4865.
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts