Seventh and eighth grade confirmation students from All Saints Lutheran Church in Wales and Christ the King Lutheran Church in Delafield will spend Thursday night sleeping outside in cardboard boxes on Oct. 25 at All Saints to help raise awareness of homelessness in Waukesha County.
Students are also collecting pledges, hoping to raise $1,000 for the Hope Center in Waukesha, a ministry that provides food, clothing and shelter to the homeless. Additionally, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans is providing a matching grant of up to $1,000.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts