Seventh and eighth grade confirmation students from All Saints Lutheran Church in Wales and Christ the King Lutheran Church in Delafield will spend Thursday night sleeping outside in cardboard boxes on Oct. 25 at All Saints to help raise awareness of homelessness in Waukesha County.
Students are also collecting pledges, hoping to raise $1,000 for the Hope Center in Waukesha, a ministry that provides food, clothing and shelter to the homeless. Additionally, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans is providing a matching grant of up to $1,000.
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts