Seventh and eighth grade confirmation students from All Saints Lutheran Church in Wales and Christ the King Lutheran Church in Delafield will spend Thursday night sleeping outside in cardboard boxes on Oct. 25 at All Saints to help raise awareness of homelessness in Waukesha County.
Students are also collecting pledges, hoping to raise $1,000 for the Hope Center in Waukesha, a ministry that provides food, clothing and shelter to the homeless. Additionally, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans is providing a matching grant of up to $1,000.
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Magic is in the air at SummerStage (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- Merton edges Hartland in LOL West (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts