In June, 38 Mukwonago High School (MHS) students capitalized on their years of Spanish language studies by spending 11 days in Spain.
There will be an informational meeting at 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 29, in Room 237 at the high school to learn more about next summer’s trip. Students who sign up early get a discount.
Students traveled from Granada in southern Spain to Cordoba, Sevilla, Madrid and on to Barcelona. Some of the activities they participated in included tea at a Moroccan tea house, learning how to salsa, creating their own glass art, biking through the Gothic district of Barcelona and watching Spain beat France and Croatia during the soccer playoffs. Students also visited historic sights such as la Alhambra, el Alcazar, the Prado Art Museum and the third largest cathedral in the world in Sevilla.
This trip will be offered again during the summer of 2014 to MHS students who will be in level four or five Spanish during the 2013-14 school year. For more information, send an email to Nicole Marble at firstname.lastname@example.org or Karen Sperstad at email@example.com.
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts