Arrowhead's girls cross country team won the WIAA Division 1 state championship Saturday afternoon at the Ridges Golf Course in Wisconsin Rapids. It was the second straight state crown for the Warhawks.
AHS dominated the meet, winning with 41 points. Neenah was second with 70.
Jackie Dubnicka led the Warhawks in third place in the field of 190 runners with a 4,000-meter time of 14:24. She was was followed in the scoring by Lea Patek in 13th at 14:47, Payton Wesley 15th at 14:52, Natalie Burant 20th at 15:01 and Morgan Hobbs 26th at 15:10. Rounding out the AHS lineup were Alyssa Nigh in 50th at 15:34 and Maggie Dawes 84th at 15:46.
The 41 points is the lowest total in school history for the three-time state champs.
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- MHS grads raise awareness for homeless vets (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts