Arrowhead's girls cross country team won the WIAA Division 1 state championship Saturday afternoon at the Ridges Golf Course in Wisconsin Rapids. It was the second straight state crown for the Warhawks.
AHS dominated the meet, winning with 41 points. Neenah was second with 70.
Jackie Dubnicka led the Warhawks in third place in the field of 190 runners with a 4,000-meter time of 14:24. She was was followed in the scoring by Lea Patek in 13th at 14:47, Payton Wesley 15th at 14:52, Natalie Burant 20th at 15:01 and Morgan Hobbs 26th at 15:10. Rounding out the AHS lineup were Alyssa Nigh in 50th at 15:34 and Maggie Dawes 84th at 15:46.
The 41 points is the lowest total in school history for the three-time state champs.
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts