Arrowhead's girls cross country team won the WIAA Division 1 state championship Saturday afternoon at the Ridges Golf Course in Wisconsin Rapids. It was the second straight state crown for the Warhawks.
AHS dominated the meet, winning with 41 points. Neenah was second with 70.
Jackie Dubnicka led the Warhawks in third place in the field of 190 runners with a 4,000-meter time of 14:24. She was was followed in the scoring by Lea Patek in 13th at 14:47, Payton Wesley 15th at 14:52, Natalie Burant 20th at 15:01 and Morgan Hobbs 26th at 15:10. Rounding out the AHS lineup were Alyssa Nigh in 50th at 15:34 and Maggie Dawes 84th at 15:46.
The 41 points is the lowest total in school history for the three-time state champs.
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts