Arrowhead's girls cross country team won the WIAA Division 1 state championship Saturday afternoon at the Ridges Golf Course in Wisconsin Rapids. It was the second straight state crown for the Warhawks.
AHS dominated the meet, winning with 41 points. Neenah was second with 70.
Jackie Dubnicka led the Warhawks in third place in the field of 190 runners with a 4,000-meter time of 14:24. She was was followed in the scoring by Lea Patek in 13th at 14:47, Payton Wesley 15th at 14:52, Natalie Burant 20th at 15:01 and Morgan Hobbs 26th at 15:10. Rounding out the AHS lineup were Alyssa Nigh in 50th at 15:34 and Maggie Dawes 84th at 15:46.
The 41 points is the lowest total in school history for the three-time state champs.
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- Tee time (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts