After visiting Kimberly scored on a 95-yard drive on their first possession of the game to put the No. 1 ranked Arrowhead football team down 7-0, the Warhawks, led by a briliant performance by senior back DomTodarello and the entire defense as they scored a 31-7 come-from-behind victory over the Papermakers.
The win vaulted the Warhawks (11-0) into the state WIAA Division 1 semifinals.
AHS led 10-7 at halftime, thanks to an 8-yard touchdown run by Steve Radeztsky and 30-yard field goal by Trevor Ostling.
In the second half they scored 21 unanswered points as Todarello took over, scoring on a 25-yard run, a 13-yard run and a 79-yard run. All of those scores came in a span of 10:12.
On defense, the Warhawks got big games form Jackson Abresch, who had three intrerceptions and Billy Hirschfeld, who had three tackles for losses. Matt Seitz, Austin Fisher and Logan Rupard also chipped in with big plays.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts