After visiting Kimberly scored on a 95-yard drive on their first possession of the game to put the No. 1 ranked Arrowhead football team down 7-0, the Warhawks, led by a briliant performance by senior back DomTodarello and the entire defense as they scored a 31-7 come-from-behind victory over the Papermakers.
The win vaulted the Warhawks (11-0) into the state WIAA Division 1 semifinals.
AHS led 10-7 at halftime, thanks to an 8-yard touchdown run by Steve Radeztsky and 30-yard field goal by Trevor Ostling.
In the second half they scored 21 unanswered points as Todarello took over, scoring on a 25-yard run, a 13-yard run and a 79-yard run. All of those scores came in a span of 10:12.
On defense, the Warhawks got big games form Jackson Abresch, who had three intrerceptions and Billy Hirschfeld, who had three tackles for losses. Matt Seitz, Austin Fisher and Logan Rupard also chipped in with big plays.
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts