Lake Country election officials are describing as "typical" what appears to be a heavy voter turn out through out the region.
Election officials in Lisbon, Sussex, and the Village of Merton reported waiting lines in excess of 100 people as the polls opened at 7 a.m.
More than 70 voters had cast ballots within the first 26 minutes of voting at Hamilton High School, on Town Line Road, one of three polling places for the Town of Lisbon.
A line of voters stretching from inside the National Guard Armory on Maples Avenue to an outside parking lot formed quickly after the polls opened in the Village of Sussex.
Nearly 200 voters in the Village of Merton and nearly 250 in the Village of Hartland had cast ballots within the first two hours of voting.
Sussex Village Clerk Sue Freiheit, Merton Village Clerk Tom Nelson, and Town of Lisbon election inspector Rebecca Heinritz all describe the early morning turnout in their communities as "typical" of a presidential election even though an estimated 30 percent of voters may have already cast absentee or "early" ballots prior to election day.
- Update on armed robbery in Sussex (0)
- Armed robbery at Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Police surround Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Big Bend to host first holiday event Friday (0)
- Water clean-up close Lake Country Lutheran for the day (0)
- Mukwonago woman sentenced for $250k theft from Brookfield business (0)
- Sheriff's Department releases sketch of Town of Eagle suspect (0)
- Park snowmobiles until trails are ready (0)
- Waukesha County Sheriff's lieutenant under investigation (0)
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007