High voter turnout was being reported throughout the Lake Country area on election night. TheVillage of Wales reported 89 percent of registered voters come out to cast a ballot in the Presidential election, 87 percent in the Village of Summit.
Despite Lake Country residents staying the course with its strong Republican support, Wisconsin went in favor of Obama and also elected Tammy Baldwin in the US Senate race against veteran Wisconsin politican Tommy Thompson.
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Magic is in the air at SummerStage (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- Merton edges Hartland in LOL West (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts