Republican Kathleen Novack has been elected as the new Waukesha County Clerk over Democrat Jessie Read, 155,430 votes to 63,575.
After the results were announced last night, Read made the following statement:
"First I would like to extend my congratulations to Kathleen for her win for the County Clerk office. I wish you all the best. I am certain you will manage this office with integrity and competency.
I feel that I have achieved some measure of success as well. This is my first time running for public office and I am pleased with what I was able to accomplish with this campaign. I also feel that I gave the voters of Waukesha County a viable choice for this county office - something that I don't believe they have had for a long time. That is a victory in and of itself.
Again my congratulations to Kathleen and thank you for a civil and well fought race. And to the good people of Waukesha County - I think you might well hear from me again. This will not be my one and only political race."
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts