Republican Kathleen Novack has been elected as the new Waukesha County Clerk over Democrat Jessie Read, 155,430 votes to 63,575.
After the results were announced last night, Read made the following statement:
"First I would like to extend my congratulations to Kathleen for her win for the County Clerk office. I wish you all the best. I am certain you will manage this office with integrity and competency.
I feel that I have achieved some measure of success as well. This is my first time running for public office and I am pleased with what I was able to accomplish with this campaign. I also feel that I gave the voters of Waukesha County a viable choice for this county office - something that I don't believe they have had for a long time. That is a victory in and of itself.
Again my congratulations to Kathleen and thank you for a civil and well fought race. And to the good people of Waukesha County - I think you might well hear from me again. This will not be my one and only political race."
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts