Arrowhead's undefeated and No. 1 ranked football team advanced to next Friday's WIAA Division 1 state championship game Saturday by rolling over previously undefeated Hudson at D.C. Everest in Schofield,, 43-20.
AHS (12-0) will play in the title contest at Camp Randall Stadium in Madison at 4 p.m. against Sun Prairie (12-0).
AHS fell behind 14-9 in the second quarter on Saturday but then rallied to take a 29--20 lead at halftime. In the second half the Warhawks held Hudson scoreless while scoring two touchdowns.
The Warhawks, who will be playing in the Division 1 championship game for the 10th time, piled up 598 total yards in the game. Arrowhead passed for 490 yards.
Senior quarterback Brady Kelliher completed 24 of 35 passes for 427 yards and three touchdowns. Junior end Ricky Finco caught nine passes for 254 yards.
Hudson, despite getting 371 yards of offense, scored just two offensive touchdowns. They returned a fumble 52 yards for a touchdown in the second quarter.
Jackson Abresch led the defense with two interceptions and Brian Sesolak had a fumble recovery. Others turning in big games were Austin Fisher, Matt Seitz, BIlly Hirschfeld, Logan Rupard, Alex Romenesko, Alex Sandstrom and Matt Mohr.
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts