A 20 year old Big Bend woman was killed after her vehicle struck a utility pole on Artesian Avenue near Scenic Dr. in Big Bend at around 12:19 a.m. this morning, according to a press release from the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department.
The Waukesha County Sheriff's Department is still investigating the crash, but preliminary reports indicate the woman was travelling eastbound on
Artesian Avenue from Scenic Drive. Upon cresting a hill, she lost control of her vehicle, left the roadway and struck a utility pole.
Squads from the Waukesha County Sheriff’s
Department and EMS personnel from the Town of Vernon Fire Department responded to the scene where the woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
There were no power outages reported in the area because of the accident and WE Energies repaired the damaged utility pole.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts