After residents spoke out against shifting a $50 garbage and recycling fee to property owners in the Village of Mukwonago as an annual fee, the Village Board voted tonight to take money out of reserve funds and put the full garbage fee back on the tax roll.
A number of residents complained that the Village keeps hitting them with fees, which slowly and incrementally increase over time - a trend they did not like seeing.
"If the Village wanted to spend more money than allowed, the honest thing would have been to put it to referendum and ask taxpayers if they are willing to support that," said resident Mary Pires.
Read the full story in the next Mukwonago Chief.
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- Tee time (0)
- Big Bend FD to hold pancake breakfast Sunday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts