After residents spoke out against shifting a $50 garbage and recycling fee to property owners in the Village of Mukwonago as an annual fee, the Village Board voted tonight to take money out of reserve funds and put the full garbage fee back on the tax roll.
A number of residents complained that the Village keeps hitting them with fees, which slowly and incrementally increase over time - a trend they did not like seeing.
"If the Village wanted to spend more money than allowed, the honest thing would have been to put it to referendum and ask taxpayers if they are willing to support that," said resident Mary Pires.
Read the full story in the next Mukwonago Chief.
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts