After residents spoke out against shifting a $50 garbage and recycling fee to property owners in the Village of Mukwonago as an annual fee, the Village Board voted tonight to take money out of reserve funds and put the full garbage fee back on the tax roll.
A number of residents complained that the Village keeps hitting them with fees, which slowly and incrementally increase over time - a trend they did not like seeing.
"If the Village wanted to spend more money than allowed, the honest thing would have been to put it to referendum and ask taxpayers if they are willing to support that," said resident Mary Pires.
Read the full story in the next Mukwonago Chief.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts