After residents spoke out against shifting a $50 garbage and recycling fee to property owners in the Village of Mukwonago as an annual fee, the Village Board voted tonight to take money out of reserve funds and put the full garbage fee back on the tax roll.
A number of residents complained that the Village keeps hitting them with fees, which slowly and incrementally increase over time - a trend they did not like seeing.
"If the Village wanted to spend more money than allowed, the honest thing would have been to put it to referendum and ask taxpayers if they are willing to support that," said resident Mary Pires.
Read the full story in the next Mukwonago Chief.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts