Arrowhead's undefeated and No. 1 ranked football team capped off a perfect season (13-0) Friday night at Camp Randall Stadium in Madison by rolling over previously undefeated and No. 3 ranked Sun Prairie in the WIAA Division 1 state championship game, 35-14.
The score was 35-0 before the Cardinals scored twice in the final four minutes of the game.
Arrowhead led 35-0 at halftime as Ricky Finco, Brandon Kim, Steve Radeztsky, Brady Kelliher and Kenny Finco scored touchdowns for the Warhawks. At the intermission, the Warhawks had piled up 306 total yards compared to just 93 for Sun Prairie. The Cardinals had just 7 yards rushing on 14 carries in the opening half.
Jackson Abresch, Matt Seitz, Billy Hirschfeld, Logan Rupard, Charlie Reuteman and Brian Sesolak all made big plays in the opening half for the AHS defense.
It was the fifth state title in school history.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts