Arrowhead's undefeated and No. 1 ranked football team capped off a perfect season (13-0) Friday night at Camp Randall Stadium in Madison by rolling over previously undefeated and No. 3 ranked Sun Prairie in the WIAA Division 1 state championship game, 35-14.
The score was 35-0 before the Cardinals scored twice in the final four minutes of the game.
Arrowhead led 35-0 at halftime as Ricky Finco, Brandon Kim, Steve Radeztsky, Brady Kelliher and Kenny Finco scored touchdowns for the Warhawks. At the intermission, the Warhawks had piled up 306 total yards compared to just 93 for Sun Prairie. The Cardinals had just 7 yards rushing on 14 carries in the opening half.
Jackson Abresch, Matt Seitz, Billy Hirschfeld, Logan Rupard, Charlie Reuteman and Brian Sesolak all made big plays in the opening half for the AHS defense.
It was the fifth state title in school history.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts