Arrowhead's undefeated and No. 1 ranked football team capped off a perfect season (13-0) Friday night at Camp Randall Stadium in Madison by rolling over previously undefeated and No. 3 ranked Sun Prairie in the WIAA Division 1 state championship game, 35-14.
The score was 35-0 before the Cardinals scored twice in the final four minutes of the game.
Arrowhead led 35-0 at halftime as Ricky Finco, Brandon Kim, Steve Radeztsky, Brady Kelliher and Kenny Finco scored touchdowns for the Warhawks. At the intermission, the Warhawks had piled up 306 total yards compared to just 93 for Sun Prairie. The Cardinals had just 7 yards rushing on 14 carries in the opening half.
Jackson Abresch, Matt Seitz, Billy Hirschfeld, Logan Rupard, Charlie Reuteman and Brian Sesolak all made big plays in the opening half for the AHS defense.
It was the fifth state title in school history.
- Anti-Walmart protesters pack Oconomowoc City Council meeting (0)
- Kettle Moraine moves to 12-0 (0)
- Dousman teen charged with hit-and-run after underage drinking party (0)
- Early meeting, full agenda for Village of Mukwonago (0)
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (3)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- Merton Avenue ramp closed (0)
- KM basbeall team is 10-0 (0)
- Lots of rain in the LC (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts