Arrowhead's undefeated and No. 1 ranked football team capped off a perfect season (13-0) Friday night at Camp Randall Stadium in Madison by rolling over previously undefeated and No. 3 ranked Sun Prairie in the WIAA Division 1 state championship game, 35-14.
The score was 35-0 before the Cardinals scored twice in the final four minutes of the game.
Arrowhead led 35-0 at halftime as Ricky Finco, Brandon Kim, Steve Radeztsky, Brady Kelliher and Kenny Finco scored touchdowns for the Warhawks. At the intermission, the Warhawks had piled up 306 total yards compared to just 93 for Sun Prairie. The Cardinals had just 7 yards rushing on 14 carries in the opening half.
Jackson Abresch, Matt Seitz, Billy Hirschfeld, Logan Rupard, Charlie Reuteman and Brian Sesolak all made big plays in the opening half for the AHS defense.
It was the fifth state title in school history.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts