The Village of Waterford will be decked out with boughs of holly and glistening with garland on Saturday, Dec. 1 beginning at 5:30 p.m. when the 14th annual Winter Wonderland Parade makes its way through the historic downtown.
Hosted by Absolutely Waterford, a non-profit organization working to revitalize Main Street, the seasonal event will include more than 20 participants seeking to spread good cheer to more than 2,000 spectators who line the street.
“Our winter parade is a holiday tradition that local families and those from surrounding areas have come to enjoy for more than a decade,” said Michelle Bores-Stockton, executive director of Absolutely Waterford. “We are pleased to be able to take on this event that promotes our charming downtown and the businesses that has kept it thriving.”
Through sponsorship from Runzhiemer International, and support from other local businesses, the parade will include a horse-drawn carriage, world-renowned trick-roper Charlie Keyes, who will lasso on his unicycle, bands, hot air balloon baskets and of course Santa and Mrs. Claus, among others.
“This is a truly community-backed effort. The event wouldn’t be possible without the generosity and hard work from our sponsors and volunteers,” Bores-Stockton added.
The parade kicks off at Associated Bank, 217 North Milwaukee St., and will proceed south on Main Street concluding at the Waterford Public Library, 101 North River St., where a tree-lighting ceremony will take place.
Children are invited to visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus inside the library, after the village’s Christmas tree is lit.
For more information, call (262) 534-5911 or go here.
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007