The Village of Waterford will be decked out with boughs of holly and glistening with garland on Saturday, Dec. 1 beginning at 5:30 p.m. when the 14th annual Winter Wonderland Parade makes its way through the historic downtown.
Hosted by Absolutely Waterford, a non-profit organization working to revitalize Main Street, the seasonal event will include more than 20 participants seeking to spread good cheer to more than 2,000 spectators who line the street.
“Our winter parade is a holiday tradition that local families and those from surrounding areas have come to enjoy for more than a decade,” said Michelle Bores-Stockton, executive director of Absolutely Waterford. “We are pleased to be able to take on this event that promotes our charming downtown and the businesses that has kept it thriving.”
Through sponsorship from Runzhiemer International, and support from other local businesses, the parade will include a horse-drawn carriage, world-renowned trick-roper Charlie Keyes, who will lasso on his unicycle, bands, hot air balloon baskets and of course Santa and Mrs. Claus, among others.
“This is a truly community-backed effort. The event wouldn’t be possible without the generosity and hard work from our sponsors and volunteers,” Bores-Stockton added.
The parade kicks off at Associated Bank, 217 North Milwaukee St., and will proceed south on Main Street concluding at the Waterford Public Library, 101 North River St., where a tree-lighting ceremony will take place.
Children are invited to visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus inside the library, after the village’s Christmas tree is lit.
For more information, call (262) 534-5911 or go here.
- Lisbon seeks temporary clerk (0)
- AHS homecoming parade moved to a Sunday (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves building modifications for new restaurant (0)
- Town of Merton considers municipal garbage/recycle contract (0)
- One last canoeing trip (0)
- Bark for Life comes to Field Park on Sept. 20 (0)
- Pewaukee CC teams win at Mayville (0)
- Kettle Moraine football team goes on impressive run to defeat Waukesha South (0)
- AHS football team rallies past CMH (0)
- Bowling ball art auction going on (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007