The Racine Symphony Orchestra has a Christmas wish for everyone that comes to the Holiday Pops concert on Friday, Dec. 7 to bring a food donation for the Racine County Food Bank.
Doors to the “Joy to the World” Holiday Pops concert at Festival Hall open at 5:30 p.m. and the concert starts at 7 p.m.
For the fourth year, the orchestra is teaming up with the League of American Orchestras to help feed communities by collecting food as part of the Orchestras Feeding America program. Ticket holders are asked to bring food to the concert on Friday night. The Racine County Food Bank bin will be in the lobby for donations.
“It is easy for the symphony to support the League’s initiative every year. It’s a way for us to give back to our community with the help of our generous audience,” said the orchestra’s executive director, Bonnie Prochaska.
The orchestra “Giving Back” program also does an annual over the counter medication drive for Health Care Network at one of their summer pops concerts.
Last year the Orchestras Feeding American generated 86,000 pounds of food for local food banks. Over the past three years, more than 350,000 pounds has been collected by 250 orchestras in 50 states.
Tickets are available here, at the office by calling (262) 636-9285 or at the door.
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts