Cookies go together with a lot of things: cookies and milk, cookies and hot chocolate and, the ever popular cookies and cream ice cream.
But cookies go best with Christmas. It just wouldn’t be Christmas without cookies. Plus, Santa is more likely to leave a few extra gifts at your house if he can linger over a plate of cookies you’ve left for him.
A word of warning: If you travel to the United Kingdom and you have a hankering for some cookies, be sure to ask for biscuits. Actually, if you ask for a cookie in Scotland, you’ll get a plain bun, instead.
If you don’t plan on making cookies, but still want to present a nice, full plate of the confections during the holidays why not visit one of three cookie sales in the area this Saturday. These are commonly called “cookie walks,” since you take your container and fill up with the cookies you want as you walk along the table. Often there are also candy and breads for sale. Normally, you pay by the pound.
Three cookie sales, which all start at 9 a.m. Saturday, are at:
Kettle Moraine Presbyterian Church, N66W32690 County Road K, Hartland
St. John’s United Church of Christ, Sussex Road, Merton.
Jerusalem Presbyterian Church, 207 W. Main St., Wales
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts