Cookies go together with a lot of things: cookies and milk, cookies and hot chocolate and, the ever popular cookies and cream ice cream.
But cookies go best with Christmas. It just wouldn’t be Christmas without cookies. Plus, Santa is more likely to leave a few extra gifts at your house if he can linger over a plate of cookies you’ve left for him.
A word of warning: If you travel to the United Kingdom and you have a hankering for some cookies, be sure to ask for biscuits. Actually, if you ask for a cookie in Scotland, you’ll get a plain bun, instead.
If you don’t plan on making cookies, but still want to present a nice, full plate of the confections during the holidays why not visit one of three cookie sales in the area this Saturday. These are commonly called “cookie walks,” since you take your container and fill up with the cookies you want as you walk along the table. Often there are also candy and breads for sale. Normally, you pay by the pound.
Three cookie sales, which all start at 9 a.m. Saturday, are at:
Kettle Moraine Presbyterian Church, N66W32690 County Road K, Hartland
St. John’s United Church of Christ, Sussex Road, Merton.
Jerusalem Presbyterian Church, 207 W. Main St., Wales
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Magic is in the air at SummerStage (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- Merton edges Hartland in LOL West (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts