Cookies go together with a lot of things: cookies and milk, cookies and hot chocolate and, the ever popular cookies and cream ice cream.
But cookies go best with Christmas. It just wouldn’t be Christmas without cookies. Plus, Santa is more likely to leave a few extra gifts at your house if he can linger over a plate of cookies you’ve left for him.
A word of warning: If you travel to the United Kingdom and you have a hankering for some cookies, be sure to ask for biscuits. Actually, if you ask for a cookie in Scotland, you’ll get a plain bun, instead.
If you don’t plan on making cookies, but still want to present a nice, full plate of the confections during the holidays why not visit one of three cookie sales in the area this Saturday. These are commonly called “cookie walks,” since you take your container and fill up with the cookies you want as you walk along the table. Often there are also candy and breads for sale. Normally, you pay by the pound.
Three cookie sales, which all start at 9 a.m. Saturday, are at:
Kettle Moraine Presbyterian Church, N66W32690 County Road K, Hartland
St. John’s United Church of Christ, Sussex Road, Merton.
Jerusalem Presbyterian Church, 207 W. Main St., Wales
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts