Plans for a first floor fitness center at Mukwonago High School move forward after gaining unanimous approval from the Mukwonago Area School District Board of Education on Monday night.
Construction on the fitness center will start after the last day of school in June, in order to be completed for the beginning of the 2013-14 school year.
The project will be a tremendous boost to the new MHS fitness-based curriculum where almost 500 students are currently enrolled, MHS physical education teacher Jim Essman said.
"This will affect every kid," said Essman.
Watch for a complete story on the MHS fitness center in an upcoming issue of the Mukwonago Chief.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts