Holiday tunes have been playing on the radio and in malls for several weeks. For some people, one more version of “Santa Baby” may just be the tipping point.
But if you want a fresh take on holiday music head over to the Big Holiday Music Party from 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Milwaukee Street Traders, 523 Milwaukee St., Delafield.
The Peter Donalds Trio will headline the show and Donalds promises a great time.
“We’ll be doing music from the album,” said Donalds, “including original holiday tunes and some unique covers. If you’re tired of the same old songs every year, we’ll surprise you.”
This year Donalds recorded two new CDs, “The Colors I See” and “Small Town Christmas.”
The trio includes Mike Helgesen on percussion, Billy Lambrecht on Bass and Donalds son, Jack, on guitar.
The program also includes Jesse and Pamela Darrow of Delafield and Chris Wilkie, lead singer of Beacon Music Ministry in Milwaukee, plus traditional and contemporary singalonogs. Admission is free.
Donalds is an East Troy native who recently returned to Wisconsin where he performs at Traders the second and fourth Saturday of each month.
Traders’ menu includes a beer, wine, hot beverages, sandwiches and sweets. For more information, call (262) 646-9289.
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts