Village of Sussex - The developer of a proposed eight acre residential and commercial complex in downtown Sussex says he hopes to break ground in the Spring of 2013.
Arthur Sawall of Brookfield said he is reaching agreements with the village, Waukesha County, and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources regarding moving the Bug Line Recreational Trail off the site at the corner of Main Steet and Waukesha Avenue to make way for the new development.
He said a segment of the trail will be relocated west and south the property which is the site of the former Mammoth Springs Cannery Company. The 11 mile trail extends from the Village of Menomonee Falls west through Sussex to the Village of Merton.
Although he has yet to receive village, county and state approvals for the project, Sawall said he is optimistic he can break ground in the Spring because all of the agencies would like to see the project under way as soon as possible.
He said construction of two 30-unit apartment buildings can begin before the trail is relocated because the location of the apartment buildings does not affect the trail.
Sawall is scheduled to present conceptual plans for the development at a Village of Sussex Plan Commission meeting scheduled for Thursday, 4:30 p.m., at Village Hall
Sawall said he anticipates construction of retail and commercial buildings on the site after residential units have been built and occupied.
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007