Village of Sussex - The developer of a proposed eight acre residential and commercial complex in downtown Sussex says he hopes to break ground in the Spring of 2013.
Arthur Sawall of Brookfield said he is reaching agreements with the village, Waukesha County, and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources regarding moving the Bug Line Recreational Trail off the site at the corner of Main Steet and Waukesha Avenue to make way for the new development.
He said a segment of the trail will be relocated west and south the property which is the site of the former Mammoth Springs Cannery Company. The 11 mile trail extends from the Village of Menomonee Falls west through Sussex to the Village of Merton.
Although he has yet to receive village, county and state approvals for the project, Sawall said he is optimistic he can break ground in the Spring because all of the agencies would like to see the project under way as soon as possible.
He said construction of two 30-unit apartment buildings can begin before the trail is relocated because the location of the apartment buildings does not affect the trail.
Sawall is scheduled to present conceptual plans for the development at a Village of Sussex Plan Commission meeting scheduled for Thursday, 4:30 p.m., at Village Hall
Sawall said he anticipates construction of retail and commercial buildings on the site after residential units have been built and occupied.
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007