Thursday’s winter storm has resulted in cancelled donation appointments and the cancellation of several blood drives in areas where BloodCenter of Wisconsin serves patients in need, according to information provided by the BloodCenter of Wisconsin.
Because of the storm, BloodCenter anticipates an overall shortfall of more than 1,000 units of blood over the next two days. If that occurs, we could experience a shortage situation. Donors are being asked to help ensure we have the needed blood supply to help patients.
BloodCenter asks that those who are able to safely keep their scheduled appointments please do so. If you don’t have an appointment, we ask that you take time to schedule an appointment for Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Call 1-877-BE-A-HERO or visit the website.
BloodCenter has extended its donor center hours at several locations this Saturday, Dec. 22. Staff will be on hand until 3 p.m. at the Waukesha donor center at 2111 Springdale Road.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts