Thursday’s winter storm has resulted in cancelled donation appointments and the cancellation of several blood drives in areas where BloodCenter of Wisconsin serves patients in need, according to information provided by the BloodCenter of Wisconsin.
Because of the storm, BloodCenter anticipates an overall shortfall of more than 1,000 units of blood over the next two days. If that occurs, we could experience a shortage situation. Donors are being asked to help ensure we have the needed blood supply to help patients.
BloodCenter asks that those who are able to safely keep their scheduled appointments please do so. If you don’t have an appointment, we ask that you take time to schedule an appointment for Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Call 1-877-BE-A-HERO or visit the website.
BloodCenter has extended its donor center hours at several locations this Saturday, Dec. 22. Staff will be on hand until 3 p.m. at the Waukesha donor center at 2111 Springdale Road.
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- Tee time (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts