Thursday’s winter storm has resulted in cancelled donation appointments and the cancellation of several blood drives in areas where BloodCenter of Wisconsin serves patients in need, according to information provided by the BloodCenter of Wisconsin.
Because of the storm, BloodCenter anticipates an overall shortfall of more than 1,000 units of blood over the next two days. If that occurs, we could experience a shortage situation. Donors are being asked to help ensure we have the needed blood supply to help patients.
BloodCenter asks that those who are able to safely keep their scheduled appointments please do so. If you don’t have an appointment, we ask that you take time to schedule an appointment for Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Call 1-877-BE-A-HERO or visit the website.
BloodCenter has extended its donor center hours at several locations this Saturday, Dec. 22. Staff will be on hand until 3 p.m. at the Waukesha donor center at 2111 Springdale Road.
- Early meeting, full agenda for Village of Mukwonago (0)
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (3)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- Merton Avenue ramp closed (0)
- KM basbeall team is 10-0 (0)
- Lots of rain in the LC (0)
- Tight race in LOL West (0)
- Military man charged with Lannon house break-in (0)
- Former Olympian to discuss college field hockey at University Lake School (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts