As of Dec. 24, the Salvation Army Red Kettle total is $436,497.41 or $16,497.41 over the goal.
"There will be additional income when the mini-counter kettles brought in about Jan. 4," said Carol Lemirand, corps officer with the Salvation Army, "so we could end the season at about $440,000 thanks to all the hard work of caring volunteers, hard working staff, and generous donors. What an outpouring of love as we meet the needs of individuals in 2013."
The Christmas Goal of $680,000 is still being calculated as people make their end of the year contributions which are counted toward the goal," Lemirand added. Currently the Salvation Army is $127,335 from its goal, but all receipts are not recorded as the staff takes a couple off days to celebrate Christmas.
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts