As of Dec. 24, the Salvation Army Red Kettle total is $436,497.41 or $16,497.41 over the goal.
"There will be additional income when the mini-counter kettles brought in about Jan. 4," said Carol Lemirand, corps officer with the Salvation Army, "so we could end the season at about $440,000 thanks to all the hard work of caring volunteers, hard working staff, and generous donors. What an outpouring of love as we meet the needs of individuals in 2013."
The Christmas Goal of $680,000 is still being calculated as people make their end of the year contributions which are counted toward the goal," Lemirand added. Currently the Salvation Army is $127,335 from its goal, but all receipts are not recorded as the staff takes a couple off days to celebrate Christmas.
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Magic is in the air at SummerStage (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts