Due to slippery conditions caused by a freezing rain and temperatures in the high 20s, a 16-car accident took place at 7:45 a.m. Friday morning on Highway 16 westbound at Jungbluth Road just east of Hartland.
Cars and trucks collided with each other, sending many of the vehicles into the ditches on both the north and south-bound lanes. Nobody appeared to receive serious injuries even though several of the vehicles suffered a lot of damage.
Traffic was able to get through the mess via one lane at aout 5 miles per hour.. Four police vehicles were on the scene by 8 a.m.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts