Due to slippery conditions caused by a freezing rain and temperatures in the high 20s, a 16-car accident took place at 7:45 a.m. Friday morning on Highway 16 westbound at Jungbluth Road just east of Hartland.
Cars and trucks collided with each other, sending many of the vehicles into the ditches on both the north and south-bound lanes. Nobody appeared to receive serious injuries even though several of the vehicles suffered a lot of damage.
Traffic was able to get through the mess via one lane at aout 5 miles per hour.. Four police vehicles were on the scene by 8 a.m.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts