Due to slippery conditions caused by a freezing rain and temperatures in the high 20s, a 16-car accident took place at 7:45 a.m. Friday morning on Highway 16 westbound at Jungbluth Road just east of Hartland.
Cars and trucks collided with each other, sending many of the vehicles into the ditches on both the north and south-bound lanes. Nobody appeared to receive serious injuries even though several of the vehicles suffered a lot of damage.
Traffic was able to get through the mess via one lane at aout 5 miles per hour.. Four police vehicles were on the scene by 8 a.m.
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Magic is in the air at SummerStage (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts