City of Delafield - Unless someone mounts a successful write in campaign for the April 2 municipal election, the Common Council will have to make an appointment to fill a vacancy in the Third Aldermanic District or hold a special election sometime later this year.
Incumbent Jane Lazynski, a downtown commercial property owner who served on the council for less than a year, filed documents shortly before Christman with City Clerk Gina Gresch indicating she is not running for reelection.
Gresch said this morning that no one has filed candidacy petitions for the Third District. The district's boundaries include most of the south Nagawicka Lake shore and downtown business and residential districts. Wednesday was the deadline for filing municipal candidacy petitions.
Lazynski was elected to the council in 2012 when new district boundaries were drawn as a result of the once a decade federal census. Long time Third District incumbent Erv Sadaowski no longer resided in the district as a result of reapportionament.
The council has the option of either appointing someone to fill the vacancy or conducting a special election, according to Gresch.
However, Mayor Ed McAleer said there is no point in holding a special election if no one in the district expresses an interest in the position.
"It is up to the people who live in the district to come up with someone who wants to represent them on the council," the mayor said.
Three other incumbents Alds. Jeff Krickhahn of the First District, Gerald McDougall in the Fifth District and Tim Aicher of the Seventh District have all filled candidacy petitions and none of the three incumbents have opposition, so far.
- Park snowmobiles until trails are ready (0)
- Waukesha County Sheriff's lieutenant under investigation (0)
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007