Pewaukee's girls basketball team won its seventh straight game Tuesday night as they overwhelmed visiting Shorewood in the second half, 65-40. PHS outscored the Greyhounds (9-6, 5-6) in the final two periods, 39-21.
The win moved the Pewaukee record to 12-2 overall and 8-2 in Woodland Conference play.
Freshman forward Abby Gerrits had a huge second half for Pewaukee, scoring 17 of her team-high 20 points. She also grabbed 8 rebounds. Katie Wood chipped in with 10 points and Lindsay Wisniewski added 8 for the winners.
Robbie Holland scored 25 points for Shorewood.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts