City of Pewaukee — Charges have been filed in Waukesha County Circuit Court against a 19-year-old West Allis man who allegedly led police on a 2.7 mile high speed car chase through the City of Pewaukee Wednesday morning.
A Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department deputy attempted to stop the vehicle, occupied only by the defendant, Donte J. Delamar, at about 1:39 a.m. on Jan. 16 as it drove the wrong way on Highway 164 at Tower Place, according to the criminal complaint. The vehicle fled west on Tower Place and turned into a parking lot, where it “recklessly weaved” through the lot and exited south onto Pewaukee Road, where it failed to stop at a red signal, according to the complaint.
The vehicle eventually reached speeds of 90 to 100 miles per hour on Pewaukee Road, speeding through lights at Northview Road and Moreland Boulevard, before crashing into two telephone poles near Buena Vista Avenue, the complaint reads.
Officers ordered the defendant out of the vehicle, and he complied. Delamar allegedly told police after being transported to Waukesha Memorial Hospital for possible neck injuries that “he panicked,” according to the complaint.
“The defendant indicated that his thoughts were blank and he felt as if he weren’t in control of himself,” the complaint reads.
The defendant has been charged with one count of attempting to flee or elude a traffic officer. The charge carries a maximum penalty if convicted of three years and six months jail time, $10,000 in fines, or both.
The defendant was found to be in possession of what appeared to be marijuana, the complaint reads, and was issued a citation for possession of THC.
Delamar’s next expected court date is Jan. 18.
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More on s-l-o-w commute (0)
- Meet Waukesha County Supervisor District 24 candidate (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts