City of Pewaukee — Charges have been filed in Waukesha County Circuit Court against a 19-year-old West Allis man who allegedly led police on a 2.7 mile high speed car chase through the City of Pewaukee Wednesday morning.
A Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department deputy attempted to stop the vehicle, occupied only by the defendant, Donte J. Delamar, at about 1:39 a.m. on Jan. 16 as it drove the wrong way on Highway 164 at Tower Place, according to the criminal complaint. The vehicle fled west on Tower Place and turned into a parking lot, where it “recklessly weaved” through the lot and exited south onto Pewaukee Road, where it failed to stop at a red signal, according to the complaint.
The vehicle eventually reached speeds of 90 to 100 miles per hour on Pewaukee Road, speeding through lights at Northview Road and Moreland Boulevard, before crashing into two telephone poles near Buena Vista Avenue, the complaint reads.
Officers ordered the defendant out of the vehicle, and he complied. Delamar allegedly told police after being transported to Waukesha Memorial Hospital for possible neck injuries that “he panicked,” according to the complaint.
“The defendant indicated that his thoughts were blank and he felt as if he weren’t in control of himself,” the complaint reads.
The defendant has been charged with one count of attempting to flee or elude a traffic officer. The charge carries a maximum penalty if convicted of three years and six months jail time, $10,000 in fines, or both.
The defendant was found to be in possession of what appeared to be marijuana, the complaint reads, and was issued a citation for possession of THC.
Delamar’s next expected court date is Jan. 18.
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts