City of Pewaukee — Charges have been filed in Waukesha County Circuit Court against a 19-year-old West Allis man who allegedly led police on a 2.7 mile high speed car chase through the City of Pewaukee Wednesday morning.
A Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department deputy attempted to stop the vehicle, occupied only by the defendant, Donte J. Delamar, at about 1:39 a.m. on Jan. 16 as it drove the wrong way on Highway 164 at Tower Place, according to the criminal complaint. The vehicle fled west on Tower Place and turned into a parking lot, where it “recklessly weaved” through the lot and exited south onto Pewaukee Road, where it failed to stop at a red signal, according to the complaint.
The vehicle eventually reached speeds of 90 to 100 miles per hour on Pewaukee Road, speeding through lights at Northview Road and Moreland Boulevard, before crashing into two telephone poles near Buena Vista Avenue, the complaint reads.
Officers ordered the defendant out of the vehicle, and he complied. Delamar allegedly told police after being transported to Waukesha Memorial Hospital for possible neck injuries that “he panicked,” according to the complaint.
“The defendant indicated that his thoughts were blank and he felt as if he weren’t in control of himself,” the complaint reads.
The defendant has been charged with one count of attempting to flee or elude a traffic officer. The charge carries a maximum penalty if convicted of three years and six months jail time, $10,000 in fines, or both.
The defendant was found to be in possession of what appeared to be marijuana, the complaint reads, and was issued a citation for possession of THC.
Delamar’s next expected court date is Jan. 18.
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts