City of Pewaukee — Charges have been filed in Waukesha County Circuit Court against a 19-year-old West Allis man who allegedly led police on a 2.7 mile high speed car chase through the City of Pewaukee Wednesday morning.
A Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department deputy attempted to stop the vehicle, occupied only by the defendant, Donte J. Delamar, at about 1:39 a.m. on Jan. 16 as it drove the wrong way on Highway 164 at Tower Place, according to the criminal complaint. The vehicle fled west on Tower Place and turned into a parking lot, where it “recklessly weaved” through the lot and exited south onto Pewaukee Road, where it failed to stop at a red signal, according to the complaint.
The vehicle eventually reached speeds of 90 to 100 miles per hour on Pewaukee Road, speeding through lights at Northview Road and Moreland Boulevard, before crashing into two telephone poles near Buena Vista Avenue, the complaint reads.
Officers ordered the defendant out of the vehicle, and he complied. Delamar allegedly told police after being transported to Waukesha Memorial Hospital for possible neck injuries that “he panicked,” according to the complaint.
“The defendant indicated that his thoughts were blank and he felt as if he weren’t in control of himself,” the complaint reads.
The defendant has been charged with one count of attempting to flee or elude a traffic officer. The charge carries a maximum penalty if convicted of three years and six months jail time, $10,000 in fines, or both.
The defendant was found to be in possession of what appeared to be marijuana, the complaint reads, and was issued a citation for possession of THC.
Delamar’s next expected court date is Jan. 18.
- Hensler's granddaughter dies in tragic beach accident (0)
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007